Pete and I started early Friday morning. We had completed the tear out by around lunchtime. We had the wall cabinets installed (for the third time) by the end of the day.
Saturday morning, we assembled and installed the base cabinets, which were too large to assemble in any other room and move in. Along the way, we did the electrical work for the garbage disposal. We also needed bolts for the disposal waste connection which were missing from the box. I spent 25 minutes on the phone with whirlpool trying to find out what their specification was, but we ended up having to figure out on our own. By the end of the day, the cabinets, countertop, sink, and disposal were installed and functioning.
Sunday, Pete and I installed the kick plate, cabinet doors, shelves, and drawers.
Monday (yesterday), I uninstalled the dishwasher, moved its enclosure two inches to the left, and reinstalled the dishwasher. I also installed a new electrical outlet over the dishwasher, so that there will be power for that counter top. However, I will have to redo the outlet box, since it won't stay in place properly.
I'm also still waiting on a number of cabinet doors from IKEA, and I need a drawer front as well. Still, the worst of it is done, and we have a working kitchen again.
- Secure electrical outlet
- Caulk sink
- Install floor tiles
- Install cabinet doors
- Install drawer front
- Replace wall trim on floors
- Install shelves about doorway and windows
Total trips to IKEA: ~7
Total trips to Lowes: 2